Help to Buy
The government-backed Help to Buy scheme offers an exciting opportunity to buy your new home with as little as a 5% deposit. Not only making home ownership a much more affordable prospect for first time buyers, the scheme also helps homeowners to move up the property ladder.
How does Help to Buy work?
- If you have a 5% deposit and want to buy a new-build Galliers home, you'll be able to access the Help to Buy equity loan scheme - subject to approval
- Help to Buy is available for any new-build home buyer, purchasing up to a price of £600,000
- What's important is that you must be buying a new-build home and you must have a 5% deposit
- The government will provide you with an equity loan of up to 20% of the value of a new-build property
- The loan is interest free for the first five years. From year six a fee of 1.75% is payable on the equity loan, which rises annually by Retail Price Index inflation plus 1%
- The equity loan can be repaid at any time within 25 years (or the term of the mortgage), or on sale of the property
- Help to Buy is only available on capital repayment mortgages. It's not available on interest only loans
- Help to Buy will only be available on properties which are occupied by the individual or individuals taking out the mortgage. You cannot buy a property using Help to Buy and then rent it out
- You don't need to be a first time buyer
- Our independent financial advisor can provide information on the lenders supporting the scheme and, subject to meeting that lender's criteria, help you gain a mortgage
Here's an example of a Help to Buy government equity loan based on a new home with a purchase price of £300,000;
If you would like to receive more information on the Help to Buy scheme speak to one of our sales advisors today to find out more about the options available to you and get the ball rolling!