From as early as 1881, this land was an undeveloped agricultural field used for arable farming.
With the River Severn to the Eastern boundary and the railway line to the South, this land was occupied by tennis courts from 1964 to 1984.
This area has been undeveloped open space since the late 1800s. Originally under the ownership of two large houses, the land was originally left vacant for the Northern section of the Shrewsbury bypass.
This site has been used for agriculture since it was first mapped by the Ordnance Survey in 1887.